Re: Colors

> How do you make colors appear in a directory and BASH prompt? I played
> with the values in dircolors, but nothing happened.

   What I did was to create an alias of "alias ls="ls -p --color" (you
don't need the -p, but I like it:-) and stuck it into my ~/.bash_profile.

   If you don't like the default colors (I hated the dark blue for
subdirectories) you can change it by setting and exporting the LS_COLORS
environment variable in the same .bash_profile.  For more info, do a "man
ls" and/or see the docs in /usr/doc/fileutils/color-ls*.

                          | Debian GNU/ __      o
 Regards,                 |            / /     _  _  _  _  _ __  __
 (redwards@together.net)  |      ...because lockups are for convicts...