pcmcia fax/modem question

Howdy --

I seem to have a problem with my no-name modem/fax PCMCIA card. It is
recognized but not configured.

Anybody who could give me a few pointers?

I enclose the output from the message and daemon.log files.

Thanks,

Giuseppe

 cardmgr[106]: initializing socket 1
 cardmgr[106]: socket 1: Serial or Modem Card
 cardmgr[106]: executing: 'insmod /lib/modules/2.0.30/pcmcia/serial_cs.o'
 cardmgr[106]: get dev info on socket 1 failed: Try again
--
 kernel: serial_cs: GetFirstTuple: No more items
 kernel: cs: overrun in get_next_tuple for socket 1