Re: Problem with new netscape beta.

On 15 Jun 1997 17:09:46 CDT Rob Browning (rlb@cs.utexas.edu) wrote:

> > cd /usr/local/lib/netscape
> > ln -s /path/to/nescape/files/*.jar .
> >
> > That fixed the error messages.  Hope this works for you,
> > Dennis
>
> Nope, still get the encryption error, but thanks for the effort.

Yep. Netscape seems to want policyMoz40P1.jar under ~/.netscape.
I wrote a small wrapper script to do it and I install it in /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape instead of the symlink. It assumes that the libfiles for netscape are under /usr/lib/netscape and that the policyMoz40P1.jar is there too.

#!/bin/bash
if [ ! -d ~/.netscape ]
then
    mkdir ~/.netscape
fi
if [ ! -f ~/.netscape/policyMoz40P1.jar ]
then
    cp /usr/lib/netscape/policyMoz40P1.jar ~/.netscape
fi
exec /usr/lib/netscape/netscape ${1+"$@"}

Phil.