Re: Mail broken :(

Tim O'Brien:
> My email system on my Linux box at work has broken. It just stopped a few
> days ago. I've also noticed several runq zombies.
>
> When ps is used repeatedly, I can see that there's one copy of runq going
> with the same process number, and another that keeps restarting and
> incrementing the process number. The modem lights look like the mail is
> being sent, and I get no bounce messages of any sort.
>
> Any ideas what I might have screwed up this time?

I used sendmail for about 10 months, until I switched to qmail at the
beginning of this month. My mail server is a moderatly busy one, and I always
had from 2 to 5 runq zombies. Sometimes more. I never did get an explination
of why they were zombieing, but it didn't seem to cause any real difficulties
with my mail server.

--
see shy jo