Re: Easy way to switch from RedHat to Debian?

On 13 Jun 1997, Paul Seelig wrote:

> In article <"tW1_d.0.lw2.Vy5ep"@debian>,
> 	mshaw@nortel.ca ("Michael Shaw") writes:
> >
> > I'm planning to convert my home systems to Debian Linux from RedHat and was
> > wondering if there was anyone out there who had performed this task before?
> >
> Christoph Lameter posted a small receipt on how to convert a Redhat
> system without any reboot into a Debian system.  He obviously already
> has aquired some experience doing this! ;-) Search via Deja News for
> his name in comp.os.linux.development.system and/or for the thread
> "Re: rpm vs. dpkg ( + How to upgrade to Debian)". What the heck, i
> just found it and will reproduce the relevant portions of it here:

I REALLY don't what to start a flame war : ) but I'd like to know why
people would want to do this. I've looked briefly at Debian and it seems
quite attractive, but I'm using RH at the moment and it works pretty
well, so if it ain't broke...

I'd be interested to hear comments from people with experience of both
systems.

Anthony
--
Anthony Campbell            * Using Linux - Windows-free zone *
anthony@achc.demon.co.uk      http://www.achc.demon.co.uk