Re: NIS Problem ... about to be solved? (I hope)

At 05:28 PM 11/06/97 -0400, Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:
>A few days ago I reported the problem of NIS not working in Debian 1.3.
>It still does not work and unfortunately no one seems to have an answer.
>However, I just read the following from H.J. Lu regarding his new
>release (5.4.33) of libc:

Yes, I do agree with you that Debian 1.3 broke NIS - but not the latest
version of disks.  I decided to test the latest disk set 1997-05-30 (I
can't remember the date of the last 1.3 disks) and NIS now works for me -
you must make sure you say No to shadow passwords during the setup as well
(I think it defaults to yes if you press enter).

Karl Ferguson,
Tower Networking Pty Ltd    Tel: +61 8 9456 0000	karl@tower.net.au
t/a STAR Online Services    Fax: +61 8 9455 2776	karl@debian.org

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .