Re: can't load modules after -> 1.3

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:57:38 -0300 Mario Olimpio de Menezes
(mario@curiango.ipen.br) wrote:

> 	After upgrade to 1.3.0, I can't get modules loaded at boot time.
> 	Strangely, depmod -a didn't create modules.dep but a empty file.
> 	The /etc/conf.modules seems ok, as well as, /etc/modules. I can
> load the modules with insmod.
> 	My kernel was compiled with modules enable and I did a
> make modules; make modules_install.
> 	Some hints? Is the current depmod version broken or smthg like?

The format of /etc/conf.modules changed from the modules that were used in Debian 1.2 and the one that is used in 1.3.
You must change the path lines from:
	path[fs]=/lib/modules/fs
to:
	path[fs]=/lib/modules

As you probably wanted to keep your conf.modules and not install the one which came with the modutils package, you still have the conf.modules distributed with debian in /etc/conf.modules.dpkg-dist.
Have a look at it and modify your /etc/conf.modules accordingly.

Phil.