Re: Best e-mail approach for discon. sites

> Right, the Debian box at the main office is full time connected to the
> Internete. I want to do what you are saying: have this main server accepting
> e-mail from the world to users in my UUCP domains and transfer them to
> the remote servers when the UUCP link starts. This sounds like an interesting
> exercise although I am a little bit scared of touching sendmail and bind
> to do the trick.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eloy A. Paris

No problems. I have similiar setup.
Main steps in configuration are:
1) in your domain:
your-remote-site	IN MX 0 your-master
2) in .mc file add lines:
MAILER(uucp)
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')dnl
3) in mailertable (for sendmail):
your-remote-site.domain  uucp-dom:your-remote-site
4) create users for uucp-connection (I have one user per one remote site,
but you may use only one for all sites. I suggest the first solution) with
shell /usr/libexec/uucp/uucico
5) When you wish use uucp connection via tcpip (ppp) add in inetd.conf
uucpd   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/tcpd /usr/libexec/uucp/uucico -l
6) Configure uucp in /etc/uucp

and go ...

Mirek