Re: Best e-mail approach for discon. sites

> : Have you considered the multidrop option in fetchmail?
>
> Uhhmmm... no, I haven't. I haven't ever used fetchmail but I guess this
> you are recommending would solve the problem of checking e-mail from
> remote sites and saving bandwitdth and transfer time, but what about
> sending messages from a disconneted site to the world?

The disadvantage to fetchmail is that the sysadmin will need the
username/password of all of the pop3 boxes that he is fetching mail from
and they are fetched individually.  UUCP would pull all of the mail at one
time for the entire site with one transaction.

George Bonser
grep@oriole.sbay.org, grep@concentric.net