Re: Video confrencing.

Hi Rick, yes there is it is called vic-cqcam it is in the unstable/x11
directory.  I've installed it but have not tried it.  Give me a shout
when you have it running.

  This is a version of vic with a driver for the Connectix Color QuickCam.
  .
  Vic was designed with a flexible and extensible architecture to support
  heterogeneous environments and configurations. For example, in high
  bandwidth settings, multi-megabit full-motion JPEG streams can be sourced
  using hardware assisted compression, while in low bandwidth environments
  like the Internet, aggressive low bit-rate coding can be carried out in
  software.
  .
  Vic is based on the Draft Internet Standard Real-time Transport Protocol
  (RTP) developed by the IETF Audio/Video Transport working group. RTP is an

 Vic is based on the Draft Internet Standard Real-time Transport Protocol
  (RTP) developed by the IETF Audio/Video Transport working group. RTP is an
  application-level protocol implemented entirely within vic -- you need no
  special system enhancements to run RTP. Although vic can be run
  point-to-point using standard unicast IP addresses, it is primarily
intended
  as a multiparty conferencing application. To make use of the conferencing
  capabilities, your system must support IP Multicast, and ideally, your
  network should be connected to the IP Multicast Backbone (MBone). Vic also
  runs over RTIP, the experimental real-time networking protocols from U.C.
  Berkeley's Tenet group and over ATM using Fore's SPANS API.
  .
  Vic provides only the video portion of a multimedia conference; audio,
  whiteboard, and session control tools are implemented as separate
  applications. Our audio tool is called vat and our whiteboard tool wb.
  UCL developed the session directory tool sdr. Other related applications
  include ISI's Multimedia Conference Control, mmcc, the Xerox PARC Network
  Video tool, nv and the INRIA Video-conferencing System, ivs. Vic is
backward
  compatible with RTPv1 and can interoperate with both nv (v3.3) and ivs
  (v3.3).
installed-size: 1206
Hope this helps, if you want to try it give me a shout.
Paul