jdk1.1, jdk1.0.2, javalex and java-cup

Installed the jdk1.1 packages. I assumed they were mutually exclusive to
the jdk1.0.2 packages so purged the latter (even though dpkg didn't
report any conflict). In doing so I also had to purge java-lex and
java-cup. Now I can't re-install javalex and java-cup as
java-virtual-machine and java-common are not provided by the new
packages.

What is the correct combination of packages to install?

Thanks, Evan.
--
Evan Thomas
Department of Physiology