Re: [META] Use of the list for non-Debian matters (fwd)

Hi,

As J.H.M.Dassen, and W Paul Mills kindly pointed out to me, "^TO" in
.procmailrc matches the beginning of most lines with recieving addresses.
I will have to learn to read the mail carefully ... I missed it was
capital letters in TO ... and I also have to check things up in the
man-pages before answering. But that applies to many of the questioners on
this list as well. Please try to find the answers in the man-pages and the
/usr/doc dir before asking the list. That will probably reduce the load
quiet a bit ( wow, I found my way back to the topic of this thread ;)

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Fredrik Ax wrote:

> :0:/home/fax/mail/incoming/debian-user.lock
> * ^X-Mailing-List:.*debian-user@.*
> /home/fax/mail/incoming/debian-user

But I still think it's better to filter on the "X-Mailing-List" header.
There are after all, methods of sending mails to the list without having
the address in any field of the header.

/fax
--
+- Fredrik Ax -+------ Snailmail ------+- Where to reach me on the net -+