Re: erroneous messages at bootup?

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 02:37:02 PDT Nick (masked@peak.org) wrote:

> How do I get diald to hang up after a period of idle connection? I've
> had no trouble getting it to dial on demand, but then it just stays
> connected, even when I leave the connection idle for long periods.
>
> Would pppd's lcp-echo thing cause it to think the link was active?

No, diald doesn't see the LCP packets, they're filtered out by pppd.
There must be some packets going in or out to maintain the link active. Enable the debugging in diald ('debug 255') and see what packets are going through.
I'm thinking of rwhod for example.
Then add an ignore rule to your filter.

Phil.