Re: [META] Use of the list for non-Debian matters

Fredrik> On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, DANIEL STRINGFIELD wrote:
>>  I'm not personally thrilled with the high volume, but I wouldn't

Fredrik> I couldn't agree more to this. After all this is a
Fredrik> debian-USER list.

Me too.

One should not forget that if all non-strictly-debian stuff are
banned, it would force even casual users such as my self to start
following other forums such as the linux newsgroups, and I believe I
would quickly end up with even more volume than we currently are
seeing on this list.

As it is now, I can get by just reading debian-user and has no
pressing need to follow any linux newsgroups.

But it seems likely that another debian list or two perhaps could help
organizing the volume a bit.

Christian Lynbech          | Computer Science Department, University of Aarhus
Office: R0.32              | Ny Munkegade, Building 540, DK-8000 Aarhus C
Phone: +45 8942 3218       | lynbech@daimi.aau.dk -- www.daimi.aau.dk/~lynbech