Re: [META] Use of the list for non-Debian matters

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> This list has a terribly high volume. More than half of the messages are
> non-Debian related (like Ethernet 3com problems) and should, IMHO, belong
> to other forums.
>
> Am I the only one which finds the amount of general PC/Linux/Unix
> questions unbearable (in that case, I will unsubscribe) or is it time to
> plea for more discipline, such as "Please use only this list for
> Debian-specific stuff (like dpkg, dselect, discussions of the upgrade
> path to 1.3, etc)"?

I'm not personally thrilled with the high volume, but I wouldn't wan't to
make things not specific to debian (other than things like how to on
Redhat or something) to stop being supported.  I think the list serves
well as a LINUX mailing list, for Debian Users.  Not a specifically Debian
list for Linux users.