Re: URL for StarOffice is here

> Anyone want to give a comparison with Applixware?
> I'm considering buying Applixware because it is only $100 AUD
> student price, which is pretty good (MS Office 97 is $200
> for students I think, regularly nearly $500).

I tried Staroffice quite some time ago and couldn't get it to run reliably.
After spending too many of my too few free hours on it, I gave up and ordered
Applixware.  I've been *very* happy with Applix!!

I even had an opportunity to train one user who had *never* done even the
slightest bit of word processing - took us about an hour and a half before she
was creating some really nice looking documents.

The on-line help in Applix is *GREAT*!!!  It's context sensitive and very well
written.  Applix is what I now recommend to my clients who run Linux.

> Hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                    moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au

FWIW.
Chuck

--
Chuck Stickelman, Owner			E-Mail:	<stick@richnet.net>
Practical Network Design		Voice:	(419) 529-3841