Re: [META] Use of the list for non-Debian matters

Ed Down writes:

>What _I_ would like is a nice concise posting regarding setting up a mail
>filter for pine and other mail progs, posted regularly, so that instead of
>saying 'I will unsubscribe' and losing possibly important members of the
>list, people say 'That mail filter sounds easy to set up, I'll do that
>instead'.

As for the main part of the thread I enjoy the side issues, they are
not so a total waste of time.  I personally have learned alot of
information that wasn't 'debian' specific.

As for filtering I use elm on my isp to read and filter my mail.  With all
the debian going to a separate folder.  This way I don't have to worry about
deleting an email by accident when purging debian mail.

Here are some of my filter rules and .forward that I use

~/.elm/filter-rules:
# debian rule
if (to contains "debian") then save "~/Mail/debian"

#last rule - safety rule
if (always) leave

~/.forward
"|/usr/local/bin/filter -o /dev/null"