Re: Starwiter

I get that too once and a while with the StarOffice stuff as well.  And I
figured out what it was with me ... and it may be the same for you.

If I would get the error, I would do an 'su - your  <user name>' and then
try swriter3 again .. and then it would work.  Not sure exactly why that
would have that big a reason ... but it would work after I do that.

Chad

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Johann Spies wrote:

> I am sorry to ask this here because this is not strictly a debian
> question.
>
> I spent many hours downloading StarOffice 3.1 and untarred it
> (StarOffice31-english.tar.gz StarOffice31-common.tar.gz
> StarOffice31-statbin.tar.gz) in /usr/local.  I then, apparently
> successfully, ran the setup script as a user, but could not get any
> program running.
>

> "swriter3" complains : "can't load library 'lib0fa312.so'" even if I try
> runing swriter from my /usr/local/lib directory after symlinking all the
> lib* files to that directory.  "lib0fa312.so" is also there.
>

> I could not find any documentation on installing and starting except
> for README.StarOffice and that did not tell me a lot.
>
> Can somebody help, please?
>
> Johann.
>  ------------------------------------------------
> Johann Spies