Re: Network setup question again

On Apr 25, Kevin Traas wrote:

> Install the package tcpdump, and run `tcpdump -i eth0` to get a view of the
> packets being sent/received on the eth0 interface.  ......

Thanks for the advice. This time it really shows something!
The IP setting on computer has  no problem. Below is the
output of 'tcpdump -i eht0':

20:34:35.812345 arp who-has 128.174.57.65 tell 128.174.57.79
... ( all such messages)

43 packets received by filter.
0  packets dropped by kernel.

I also noticed that 'ifconfig' shows there are received packets.
like 'Rx packets 43  errors 0 dropped  0 overruns 0'.

So, is the problem occurs in kernel? I mean, the packets were
received by card, but rejected by the kernel. So, it can not
receive arp reply packets, thus can not connect to other computer?
What is the next diagnostic step?

-ctang