Re: Help! Weird console errors

> Hi I have a mostly complete installation 1.2 about halfway
> to 1.3 but anyway.. I was routing around in /etc and I'm not
> sure what I did but suddenly it prints out the bell character
> (it appears as a small circle) instead of actually beeping, and
> it also prints out the tab character instead of tabbig. Anyone
> have any idea what could do this or how to fix this?

Have you tried running 'reset' to see if it corrects the terminal's
behavior?  It's been known to solve all sorts of weird problems for me.
(Like when you accidentally cat a binary file...)

> Thanks muchly,
> Nick

Chuck

--
Chuck Stickelman, Owner			E-Mail:	<stick@richnet.net>
Practical Network Design		Voice:	(419) 529-3841