U.S. Robotics modem question

I am having trouble getting debian to recognize my modem.  First off, its NOT a WINMODEM.
It is a 33.6 courier w/voice.  It has plug-n-play built into it, however the jumpers are
not set to that, they are set to com2.

As a test, I have tried minicom, which says that it initialized the modem, however, an OKAY
message did not occur, nor was I able to get the modem to dial up, so I therefore conclude
that debian can not see it.  I should note that the modem works...I'm using it right now
in win95 to dial in.

Does anyone use this modem successfully?  If so, what kind of problems did you have?  and
how did you get around them?

I have heard from someone that a utility called isapnptools handles some of the problems
inheritant in PNP devices.

Let me know if you have any ideas on this.