Re: Is xdm required?

J. Goldman writes:
> Sorry, I'm confused. What do you mean by the statement that you "don't
> want to be forced to activate it"? Do you mean you'd like for your
> machine *not* to load xdm on startup?

I suppose I should have said "don't want to be tricked into activating it".
I was concerned that upgrading xbase would result in xdm being silently
activated because the maintainer assumed that no one could possibly not
want it.

> If that's the case, just comment out the appropriate line in
> /etc/X11/config.

After somehow recovering from the flashing screen catastrophe (I have no
network, and my floppy drive just died).

In any case, my fears have been put to rest.

John Hasler
jghasler@win.bright.net (John Hasler)
Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, WI