FIXED POST: Two problems after upgrade to Debian 1.3

My apologies to the debian-user list for my faulty original post.  I had
just installed Netscape 4.0 and forgot to disable HTML in its mail
package (which is enabled by default).  Let me try again.

Can someone enlighten me on the following, which I can't seem to solve
with the available documentation?

1) Irqtune was working for me under v.1.2, but though my configured
hardware is the same I now get an error message.  Here is the message at
boot time:

" irqtune: setting system IRQ priority to 3/14
  irqtune: insmod failed on '/usr/lib/hwtools/irqtune_mod.o' "

Should I ignore the second message and assume the priority has been
set?  (Netscape does crash now and then, one of the symptoms irqtune is
said to address.)

2) The second problem concerning syslogd hanging has been solved in a
posted response to my original defective post.

Thanks again.

Curt

C.L. Daugaard
daugaard@nslsilus.org