Re: FIXED POST: Two problems after upgrade to Debian 1.3

On  3 Jun, Curtis L. Daugaard wrote:

> 1) Irqtune was working for me under v.1.2, but though my configured
> hardware is the same I now get an error message.  Here is the message at
> boot time:
>
> " irqtune: setting system IRQ priority to 3/14
>   irqtune: insmod failed on '/usr/lib/hwtools/irqtune_mod.o' "
>
> Should I ignore the second message and assume the priority has been
> set?  (Netscape does crash now and then, one of the symptoms irqtune is
> said to address.)

irqtune is compiled to work with any kernelversion (great work).
I had the same errors, so I tracked it down with the developers. The
result was that modutils 2.1.23 had a bug. After upgrading to 2.1.34-5
everthing worked fine.

What actually happend was that insmod dumped core when trying to load
irqtune_mod.o leaving it half configured.

Just update modutils and everthing will work as expected.

Ciao,
	Martin