Temporary list "outage" should now be restored.

Debian users and developers,

	For at least 12 hours, the primary Debian list server has been
accepting mail destined for the debian mailing lists but not passing it
along to the intended recipients.  The server was, however, still running.
It has been rebooted and appears to be delivering mail to a long list of
hosts at the very moment.

	Unfortunately, since it was still running and therefore still
visible to hosts across the Internet, mail to the debian lists did not
automatically fall back to the secondary list server unless individual
Internet routes made the primary server invisible (as occasionally does
occur).  Now that the server has been restored, earlier postings will be
processed and subscribe/unsubscribe requests will be handled.  The machine
is running under a high load average at the moment (18/20/14), so you can
expect some delay for perhaps an hour or more.

	We'll investigate the cause of the problem as best we can and
attempt to prevent it from reoccuring.  Meanwhile, we thank you for your
patience as queued mail is delivered.

Pete

--
Pete Templin, Debian List Administrator  listmaster@lists.debian.org