Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 21:35:47 -0600
From: Dustin Withers <djelect@rmii.com>
To: "Boris D. Beletsky" <borik@isracom.co.il>
Subject: Re: Debian FTP Installation through Internet

Boris D. Beletsky wrote:

> Download the package 'gcc' and 'cpp' from the devel section. Install
> them ( first cpp then gcc ) and compile the kernel.
>
> borik

Sorry to bother you again, but I recompiled my kernel and enabled ppp
support, and also made my kernel alot smaller by ommiting the extra scsi
drivers that were not needed but still even when I run pon now it still
tells me:

	"Sorry - This system lacks PPP kernel support"

If you have any other thoughts about this odd problem please tell me.  I
did have a Slackware Linux box working with the internet before but I
was using dip and not pppd.

thks
borik

--