Apache server-side includes questions

Hello,

	Somewhere along the line, my tricks (hacks?) for doing server-side
inclusion of standardized (and separately changeable) headers and footers
on web pages broke.  I admit to not knowing the _right_ way to do it,
having stolen lots of bits and pieces along the way and learning
originally on the ncsa server on my school's DEC box.

	Here's what I'm currently doing:

<!--#exec cmd="./header"-->

is in the page.

I had an .htaccess file that looked like this:

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html
Options All

I've basically NOT touched the srm.conf file of my "frozen" version of
apache.  I have uncommented two lines, but recommented them for testing
purposes.

If I attempt to view the page on Netscape under Debian, I am prompted to
save the file to my home directory.

What's the Right Way(tm) to include the output of a perl script into a web
page?

Here's an example script, for those who are curious:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

print <<EOM;
<P>
Last modified $ENV{'LAST_MODIFIED'}.
<P>

<HR>

<ADDRESS>
Peter J. Templin, Jr. / Bucknell University / templin\@bucknell.edu
</ADDRESS>
<P>

EOM

It happens to work fine at http://www.bucknell.edu/~templin (the DEC box).

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr.                   Client Services Analyst
Computer & Communication Services       tel: (717) 524-1590