Had to reset, now in deep kimshee....

Hi.

This morning, while poking around, I executed the comand on
the console of "X", seeing if Xwindows would start up without
having read much of the docs...  :^<

In order to get my console back, since I didn't think of logging
in accross the network and killing the process, mea maxima culpa,
was to power off the machine.

The modules now do not load. modconf sees that the modules are
selected, but cannot "remove" them, "Module Not Found".

/usr/ is loaded into the second partition on my hard disk. The
fsck for the second partition is occurring after all the module
failures, so it seems perhapps that the book sequence has gotten
messed up somehow, if the modules are loaded from /usr....

If I go back to the rescue floppy, how much damage can I do to
the software already loaded? All I intend to do is to select and
load modules....

Is there a fix that I am not aware of? Some way to reorder the
fsck of /hda2 to occur before the module loads are tried?

ObNice: The software distribution via FTP with load and config,
etc, is WONDERFUL! Thanks to Deb & Ian!

Curt-

---
Curt Howland  Howland@Priss.com  http://www.Priss.com
    "The Probability Broach" by L. Neil Smith
ISBN:0-812-53875-7 Available from Laissez Faire Books
       http://www.lfb.org/   1.800.326.0996