Re: EMACS screen weirdness

Kendall P. Bullen <kendall@lists.tax.org> wrote:
>Curiously, rebooting (which I did for other reasons ;) appears to have
>fixed the problem with EMACS displaying things incorrectly (though it
>always appeared to know where things really were ;).  At least, one of
>the more reproducible weirdnesses hasn't come back to haunt me, and I
>haven't noticed any of the other strange stuff happening, so hopefully
>it's gone for good.  It makes me nervous, though -- I wish I knew why
>it'd started in the first place.

This sounds like a problem I've had occasionally, usually after
accidentally sending binary data direct to a tty.  I think you probably
had your tab-settings wrong.  I'm not sure if 'reset' fixes this on the
Linux console.  (In fact, I'm usually on an xterm, so I just close it
and open a new one if this happens...)

--Charles