How to configure dhcpcd -- not yet solved

Thanks very much for the information on this problem I'm having.  Trying now
to root around and see what's wrong (can't get dhcpcd to use my ethernet card).

I notice on boot that the following messages come up:
daemon.log.0:May 25 04:06:41 tao modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-4
daemon.log.0:May 25 04:06:43 tao modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-5

Does anyone know what package "net-pf-4" and "net-pf-5" are contained in?
or what this error is caused by?

If I this "net-pf" problem and it doesn't solve the problem, I'm going to borrow a card
from a friend (an NE2000) to see if I can get dhcpcd to work with it.  My current card
is an eepro100, for which I have an alpha-release driver...

TIA

-- Harmon