Re: rwhod

Martin Schulze:
> Would you like to define "local network" please?

I just meant wherever rwhod's broadcast packets get to.

> Just to tell you what I mean:
>
> My "local network" (although it consists of 14 parts) is located
> in a student's home and consists of both Infodrom Oldenburg
> (*.infodrom.north.de) and the student's LAN.  There are about 70
> machines here at the moment, including a Debian development machine
> soon.
>
> Using rwhod I as a user of rwho and ruptime am able to see when
> people get up and work on their machines when they leave for
> sleep, shopping or whatever.  At least on the Linux machines.
>
> Don't you admit that such information could be confidential?

Well, sure. I didn't mean to imply I thought it should be turned on by
default.

In my case, my local network is 4 machines, all in the same house, all owned
by family members. In this case, rwhod should be ok, assumming I'm right
about my assumptions that the broadcast packets it sends out don't reach
outside of this network.

--
see shy jo