Re: rwhod

Joey Hess writes:
> I just discovered rwhod, ruptime, rusers, etc, in the netstd package.
>
> Is there any reason why rwhod is not run in the /etc/init.d/netstd_misc
> script? (I see it's commented out.) Security concerns, etc?

I believe there are security concerns.  Via rwho protocol your machine
distributes information on who is logged in.  So you are able to play
big brother and generate personal profiles for instance.

Nevertheless I really like these three, they're my beloved daemon/clients.
But I also understand why some people won't run rwhod.

Regards

	Joey

 / This copy of Netscape has expired.  -- Netscape               /
/                    Ein weiterer Grund Mosaic zu benutzen. :-( /