Re: kerneld

On Tue, 27 May 1997, Harmon Sequoya Nine wrote:

> To use all of your modules, do you need only to put "auto" in your
> /etc/modules file, or do you need to put all of the modules that you
> want loaded on demand as well?

Not at all! If the comment is removed from auto then modules will be
loaded when needed. Only low level drivers, like for scsi cards, need be
specified here. If your machine had an Adaptec 1542 scsi interface card
installed, the line "aha1542" in the modules file would be enough to make
it work.
Another point to note: Modules specified explicitly (in addition to auto)
will never be unloaded by kerneld even if they are never used. I used this
feature to keep the serial module in memory so that its particular
interupt settings would not be lost by kerneld unloading it.

Luck,

Dwarf