Re: Motif, HP JetDirect?

> Hi! Does anyone know, what would be best (commercial) Motif for use with
> Debian? Is there any Motifs available as .deb-file?

I had opportunity to use both Xi Graphics and Metrolink Motifs.
I tried Xi Graphics' version first and it seemed to have some bugs.
After I tried Metrolink's one I found out that waht I considered to
be a bug is a "feature" of Motif2.0. Anyways, metrolink motif seems to be
more reliable product for development but Xi Graphics has more evolved
runtime (mwm) configuration.

Xi Graphics comes in Slackware's .tgz format - so you could use
alien(5.3!)  to convert it to .deb. This is not extremely good, since there
would be no postrm (or prerm) scripts purging 2 extra lines in site.def
file (added during installation).

Metrolink comes in both  rpm and plain .tar.gz archives (with installation
script). This means that you could again use alien to convert rpm to deb.

Hope this was of any help to you.

Alex Y.