Re: ADSM/iBCS

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Colin Telmer wrote:

> Is anyone successfully using any version of the ADSM backup software
> (client) with the iBCS module package? I can easily get the modules
> installed (although I had to rebuild the package), and I used to be able
> to run the sco client under 1.1, but I am now running hamm and all I get
> is segfaults. Any help is gratefully appreciated. Cheers, Colin.

Actually i'm right now sitting at our Debian Linux machine and have
succeded to have it all up and running. There is the "Linux ADSM
Mini-Howto" by Thomas Koenig <Thomas.Koenig@ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de> from
1996/01/03 which provided me with all the missing information to get
it going. But we are running Debian Linux 1.2.16 here and i suppose we
will only be upgrading to 1.3 shortly before Debian 1.4 (2.0?) gets
finally released. We can't afford any experiments...

                                            Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   Our AMA Homepage  in  the WWW at  http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bender/