nfs-booting with a null-modem cable ?

I'd like to set up my PPro to enable my 486 to boot nfs.
looking at mknfsroot, this should be possible and perhaps easy with eth
cards.

But I only have a null-modem cable.
Is it still possible ? with what packages?

Other possibilities would be:
-getting 2 more netcards
-installing linux on a small partition (I would not need X).

But it's probably more fun the complicated way.

other: I could get an 2nd IP address or use masquerading. I think a 2nd
IP is easier, and we still have some on the subnet. Any comments ?

Alexandre