Segfault with SVGAlib utils

I've sent a message to this list about this before but received no reply.
I'm trying again.

Everytime I attempt to run some utilities (gs4.03, tmview, etc.) I get a
segfault with signal 11. I have no idea what this means and I'm
completely confused because some other utilities (zgv and lockvc) work
fine. I'm runnning Debian 1.3, on Cirrus Logic GD5420 (or something like
that) with 512k video ram. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dan (big)
--
deverton@gucis.cit.gu.edu.au	"Infinity welcomes careful drivers"