Re: Problem with telnetd ???

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Matthew Tebbens wrote:

> My main (debian) system is at an ISP and I dial-in and telnet to my
> system.
>
> Are there any telnet clients for windows that support ssl-telnetd ?

I believe that there is a windows version of ssl-telnet. I don't know
where you can get it from - you can probably find it by searching yahoo
or alta-vista...

There is also a windows version of ssh - but it's not freeware. Only the
unix version of ssh is free.

See the docs for ssl-telnet and ssh for more information.

> Regarding PGP...what is everyone using, the International version or
> the US version ?

I use the international version. I think that if you are in the US then
you are required by law to use only the US version....RSA holds a patent of
public key encryption in the US, so you are only allowed to use programs
which are written to use their version.  I am not an expert on US laws, so
i'd advise reading the various PGP related FAQs for the real story.

craig

--
craig sanders
networking consultant                  Available for casual or contract