Re: Help with IP masquerading

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.970521091316.2604M-100000@siva.taz.net.au>, Craig San
ders writes:
[...]
> IMO, the benefits of having a local caching name server far outweigh the
> "difficulty" of installing it.
[...]
> BTW, if you're using diald you'll probably want to configure it so that
> it doesn't bring up the link every time you want to resolve a name. But
> you'll want to do that whether you're running bind or not.

Craig, sorry, got to ask You one thing...

Humm, I use diald. It do for some reason lose the first package on a new
fresh conection. My ugly workaround is to have no local nameresolving and
the nameserver listed multiple times in /etc/resolv.conf. This way the first
nameresolving atempt fails, but brings up the link, the nemeresolving is
then retryed (thanks to multipel entrys in resolv.conf) and evrething comes
upp as expected.

This ugly workaround is expensiv as I cant have any lokal nameresolving.
Much iritating as my ISP's DNS is frekvently down...

As I understands it this is a problem allot of peple on this list have and
I wonder: Do You know a way to 'cleanly' configuer diald/pppd? Or do You
know a less expensiv/ugly workaround?

Pointers to FM is welcome.

Hope I have not missed something obvius...

TIA /Lars