Re: Primary vs. Extended partitions

The additional calculations would only be during mount of the
filesystem on the partition.

I prefer to only use primary partitions because I am always
messing with them and they are easier to keep track of
when they are all defined in one place, sector 0,0,0.

I usually use Norton diskedit to create or change my
partitions.  I do not trust M$ fdisk it can be brutal.

In spite of the fact that the M$ fdisk prohibits you from
creating more than one primary fat partition, and NT warns you
about it when you do it,I have never had a problem with
accessing multiple fat primary partitions on the same
drive using dos 3.3 and up, OS/2, Win95, NT or Linux.

--Brian N. Borg