Re: Removing stubborn package

Thank you all for your pointers to TeX/LaTeX references, but can
someone now tell me how to force the removal of the xypic package?
dpkg -i tetex-base_etc tells me what to do to remove it, but it
doesn't work at all. Here is the output:

#  dpkg --purge --force-depends  xypic
(Reading database ... 23313 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing xypic ...
dpkg: error processing xypic (--purge):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 127

Is there a way to tell dpkg to remove all references to xypic from the
database, regardless of the presence of files, which are gonna be
replaced by tetex anyway? Thanks again.
My sig file is only one line long!

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .