Re: slrnpull

Luis Francisco Gonzalez:
> I am trying to set up slrnpull to download some news from the server so that
> I can read them off-line. The downloading process seems to be working but I
> can't get slrn to read the local spool. It tries to connect to the news server
> which is inaccessible at that time. Do I need to set up some server software
> locally?

I've never used slrnpull (I use leafnode), but I am the maintainer of slrn,
so I guess I'd better answer this. :-)

Try "slrn --spool". On my system, with a news spool in /var/spool/news/, slrn
properly accessed the news spool directly. I hope this works if your news
was downloaded by slrnpull. If not, submit a bug.

--
See shy Jo.