RE: Latest rescue disk locks up Thinkpad

Hi Debian friends,

I have just manage to boot and load the base system (debian 1.2) on a
ThinkPad 760E, which doesn't boot from standard rescue floppy.

I build a zImage (2.0.27) and replace the linux on the rescue floppy
with it. Then I mounted /dev/fd0 on /mnt and did
rdev /mnt/linux /dev/ram

The thinkpad booted fine, however, during the device drivers
installation several messages about unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.0.27 have been reported. Anyway, it an improvement :-)

I am going to try to get PCMCIA Ethernet card to work and see if I
can install the whole thing.

I put the rescue image, kernel config file and the kernel I used to
boot the thinkpad on my ftp-server ftp.gfai.ch/pub/thinkpad.

Regerds,
Chris

Chris Osicki (kos@gfai.ch)    GfAI - Group for Applied Informatics Ltd.
Dipl. Informatik Ing. HTL     Mettlenwaldweg 17
Systems Engineer              CH-3037 Herrenschwanden
Tel. +41 31 308 67 00         Switzerland
Fax. +41 31 301 30 04