Re: .wav recording software?

Paul J. Clegg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've got a SoundBlaster 32 on my Debian system, and I'd like to be able to
> record sounds for it.  In dselect, I didn't come across any packages that
> seem to do recording.  Does anyone know of a package (or just software
> somewhere) that can record to a .wav?  Thanks.
>
> I'm not currently on the mailing list; please respond to me directly
> (cleggp@megadodo.com).  Thanks.  :)

Try:

http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/kernel/sound/snd-util-3.0.tar.gz

I don't know why no one's made this stuff a package--it's the only
.wav playing software I could get to work *period*. There's a bunch
of utilities in there. The one you want ls vrec. It'll record whatever
res, etc. you want (and even put it into a MSWin wav format for you).

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com