Re: DEC vt420

On Thu, 15 May 1997, Syd Alsobrook wrote:

> I am wanting to use a DEC vt420 terminal with my linux box, what is the
> best way to connect the terminal to linux?

With a null-modem cable, and tie a getty to the serial port.

Something like:

S1:456:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS1 DT9600 vt420

in your /etc/inittab, and perhaps some gettydefs entries..  Then an
"init q" to restart init.  You hopefully will get a login banner and
prompt on the vt420...

See the Serial howto.

Jason Costomiris                 | Finger for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key
jcostom@sjis.com                 | "There is a fine line between idiocy
My employers like me, but not	 | and genius.  We aim to erase that line"
enough to let me speak for them. |			--Unknown

	        	http://www.jasons.org/~jcostom