Re: How do I change my settings to use a different monitor?

On Thu, 15 May 1997, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I installed Xwindows using an old monitor.  I now have a new monitor
> which has more resolutions.  How do I go in changing the settings to the
> new monitor?  Would I loose my window if I'm making the changes on
> Xwindows?  Is it better to do it through a telnet session?  What about
> when I'm installing new Xwindows addons,is it a problem running dselect
> from within Xwindows?

You should have no trouble with dselect from X as long as you don't
attempt to upgrade xbase (this trys to kill xdm during the upgrade with
disasterous results)

You should be able to run XFree86config (although I haven't done this yet)
and re-configure the setting on-the-fly, as that is essentially what
occurs during the installation. Otherwise simply edit the values in the
config file.

Luck,

Dwarf