Re: How do I change my settings to use a different monitor?

I hope you are using xdm.  If not then this won't help you.  You have to
edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config file.  There is a section in it called
Screen.  There you should have the settings for your current monitor.
You can edit that section with the new monitor settings.  I hope this helps.
Make sure to have all the monitor settings.
Paul