Re: How do I change my settings to use a different monitor?

On Thu, 15 May 1997, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> I installed Xwindows using an old monitor.  I now have a new monitor which has more resolutions.  How do I go in changing the settings to the new monitor?  Would I loose my window if I'm making the changes on Xwindows?  Is it better to do it through a telnet session?  What about when I'm installing new Xwindows addons,is it a problem running dselect from within Xwindows?

Fix your line wrap.  This is one sentance running off the page.

No problem to all questions.

Run xf86config, or edit it manually (/etc/X11/XF86Config) it won't take
effect until you restart X, or recycle xdm.  You will need the refresh
rates for the new monitor to put in the config.  Don't guess or your
monitor could go into melt-down.

> Alberto Ruiz
> aruiz@debian1.sssys.com
>

> --