Re: samba whoes ...

I DON'T recommend playing with the --force option at all with these
packages. Wait until it is fixed or a proven workaround is available. I
got an experimental system in such a state that I couldn't login as any
user. I had to mount the drive on another system to get the few files that
I wanted and then reinstalled from scratch. I downgraded samba to get
around this for now.

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Karl Ferguson wrote:

> At 11:54 AM 14/05/97 +0200, Toens Bueker wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >how do I install samba?
> >It requires libpam0 which requires libpam-util.
> >Installation of libpam0 will not work until libpam-util is
> >configured, which will not work until libpam0 is
> >configured :-)
>
> Hmmm, if that's the case, then you can override using dpkg with the
> --force* commands - however, I don't recommend it unless it's a last resort.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +