Re: Q: Update from 1.2 to 1.2.14!

On May 13, Timothy Phan wrote

> Hi,
>
>   I'm new user of the Debian distribution and I've purchased a
>   1.2 CD a while back and had some problem installed some of
>   the packages onto my system.  I'd like to know:
>     1. How do I upgrade this broken 1.2 system to the 1.2.14.

Well, there are 2 ways: either use dpkg -i from the prompt, or use dselect.

>     2. How do I find out what are the updated/changed packages.

Dselect will download the updated changes for you automatically.  If you want
to do it the dpkg way, then you will find all updated packages in
/debian/rex-updates.  Download and install them.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com